Translations from French and Spanish into English by a Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)
Translation Services I provide for you
I translate from French and Spanish into English for direct clients and via translation agencies.
I specialise in two fields:-
- International issues which are mainly of a social, political, public health, or medical nature and typical of the concerns of international charities, NGOs, and similar bodies;
- Commercial contracts and accounting material including general administrative and business texts.
I welcome literary, journalistic, and academic pieces, especially if dealing with international affairs, politics, or history.
I also do editing and proofreading and in the right circumstances may consider voiceover work and English to English transcription.
- M.A. (Hons) in French and Spanish at the University of St Andrews (Scotland);
- M.Phil. in Latin American Studies at the University of St Andrews (Scotland);
- M.A. in Applied Translation Studies at the University of Leeds (England);
- Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (previously an associate of ITI from 2009);
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants with more 30 years experience as an accountant working in auditing (4 years), transport (2 years), telecommunications (12 years), and school management (18 years);
- Translation agencies will want to know that I am proficient with SDL Trados Studio 2014 and have access to STAR Transit NXT.
Membership of Translation Bodies
I aim to provide you with translations delivered on time and of a quality that abides by the professional standards of the industry as set out by the Institute of Translation and Interpreting. I am also a "membre correspondent" of the Syndicat national des traducteurs professionels (France) and a "socio professional" of the Asociación Española de Traductores, Correctores, e Intérpretes (Spain).
Examples of my work
These can be provided as part of any inquiry or discussion about how I can serve your translation needs.